It refers to activities undertaken during construction that prepare and allow the unit to move to the main phase of commissioning.
The Pre-commissioning activities include:
• Installing filters
• fillers and packaging installation in distillation columns
• Filling catalysts in reactors
• Verification of testing, inspection and nondestructive testing
• Check hydrostatic testing
• Cleaning pipelines and equipment
• factory acceptance testing at site
• List and monitoring of pending construction and instrumentation activities ( "punch list")
• Verification of control loops
Documents and typical activities at this stage
• Definition of Operating Systems
• Procedures of Washing, blowing, Chemical Cleaning, Equipment Inspection (Elec-Mec-Ins)
• Final equipment Close, Alignment, Static tests of electrical equipment, instrumentation, among others.
•Verification and filling Lubricants
• Verification and filling Seals
• Setting protection
• Control "Punch List"
• Operation and Maintenance Manuals
• Procedure list Blind Points, terminal points aand Adjustment of Bolts
• Commissioning & startup Sequence
This phase of the project begins once has completed much of the mechanical completion of the plant or systems.
The process includes: verification under design, verification of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation, cleaning equipment and piping, and equipment and systems previous adjustments.